Our Pharmacist is trained to find the best support stockings to fit and suit you. They will measure your legs to ensure that the correct style, size and type of compression or support stockings is selected. Support stockings improve circulation by encouraging the blood to flow up towards the heart. Call in to the pharmacy to ensure that you have the best support stocking for your needs.
- People who have a history of blood clots or DVT ( deep vein thrombosis)
- People who have had recent surgery
- Those who are unable to leave their bed or have a hard time moving their legs
- People who stand for long periods during the day
- Athletes to help recovery of muscles
- Pregnant women
- Women who take the contraceptive pill or HRT (hormone replacement therapy)
- People who spend long stretches of time on airplanes
Compression stockings should be replaced at least every 3-6 months or sooner if you notice them losing their stretch. You will need to be measured every time you need to reorder stockings.
Compression stockings are available with your medical card if you have a prescription from your GP.
You will have a private consultation with a team member in the consultation room. You will be measured to see what size stockings you need and the pharmacist will advise what class of stocking is required to best suit your needs.
Once you have chosen the right product with the pharmacist, your stockings will be ordered and we will contact you when they are available for collection.